Monday, December 15, 2008

The Flu

So, it's bad when you're so sick that you wish you were giving birth rather than being sick...AGAIN! I know, when you give birth there is a miracle at the end of the pain, so of course that must be better than being sick. But, seriously, as I knelt on the bathroom floor late last night.....I couldn't help but cry and think about how much better it would feel to be pushing out a baby! Crazy, I know. I started feeling nauseous before church yesterday, but I couldn't stay home because I was handling primary by myself because the other lady who does it with me was out of town. So, I felt yucky and queasy and hot and cold, but I made it through church before the full-blown flu/virus hit me. My body was so violent to me....it hated me yesterday. But, even though I haven't eaten anything for a couple of days now, I am feeling better. The worst thing left is the soreness in my back and ribs from being sick and achy....it hurts to laugh or even lay down. I'm going to try and eat some soup and jello this evening while my family gets to eat real food. And, I'm praying that my kids and husband don't get this because it was brutal. Ok, I'm done complaining.....the positive thing is that I had a priesthood blessing yesterday evening and I know it made a difference. I'm so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

okay, think of it this way...get sick BEFORE Christmas!

Last year, Jackson and Landon were sick with the stomach flu and Landon didn't know how to run to the toilet, so he would puke on the floor! So, here I am trying to prepare Christmas dinner and also cleaning carpets!

Get well and I hope no one else gets it! BTW, when will you be in Masontown? We'll be there the 20th-25th. Let me know...

Staceroo said...

That sounds like the worst case of the flu I've ever heard of. It's so much worse having the flu as a mom because you still have to take care of your family. Kudos to you for taking care of the entire primary on top of everything else! I'm glad you're feeling a little better, and I hope your house can stay healthy through the holidays.

Amber said...

oooo... I'm sooo sorry!! We had a pretty nasty bug last year. I would never want to have it again!!! I'm glad that you were able to get a blessing though. We ARE so blessed. Hope you continue to get feeling better!

erin sheely said...

Lame!! I am so sorry you got sick!!

Deana said...

Well think of it this way, if you lost any weight because you couldn't eat you can make up for it with Christmas cookies or carrot cake cupcakes your favorite.