Friday, January 15, 2010

Things I want to remember.....

I've said many times that I wish I could carry around some little digital device that would record all of my conversations, especially with my children. Not only would I be more aware of how I react to their behavior, but I could remember all of the cute and surprising things they say.

  • The other day after my parents had visited at our house overnight I picked Mallory up from preschool and I told her that she is my baby, my big girl but still my baby. She said, "No, I'm Papa Deer's baby!" She has such a cute, sweet relationship with my dad.
  • Yesterday, Mal sat on my lap and told me about a dream she had where she called the fireman to help her out of the fire and by the end of her story she had herself, her sister and her dad in jail. I asked her why daddy went to jail, and she said "I told the peece (police) that he mean. He took one of my toys away, so they took him to jail." (one of our recent discipline techniques with her - now I know how she really feels about it. :) When she had spun her story for awhile, she said, "and that is the rest of the story. the end." (I, however, stayed at home while they were all in jail.....hmmm.)
  • For the last year or so, Bethany will randomly notice if I'm about to eat something sweet and remind me, "Mommy, remember you are supposed to get healthy so you can have my baby brother." Oy! I told her ONE time after the numerous times she has asked me if I'm going to have another baby, that I need to get healthier to have a baby. She'll never let me forget.....which is good of her, but bold - don't you think? :)
  • After a trip through the drive-through at the bank yesterday, Mallory said, "Mommy, mommy, the bank gived me a hiney lollipop!" "What?" I said. Bethany explained, " you know , Mom, the lollipop has kind of a line down the middle of it and the sides are puffed out...like a b-u-t-t." "Oh!" Mallory - " Yeah, Mom! The bank gave me a hiney lollipop!" Oh, I got a good chuckle out of that one. I love my kids!

6 comments:

Judy(MOM) said...

I love those stories. Those precious granddaughters!!

heather said...

How funny!!!!! Those kids must have taken after their aunt heather.

Amber said...

So, so sweet. I need to be better about writing stuff like this down, as well. Thanks for the reminder!

Deon said...

Those are too cute! I wish that I would have written down more. I need to be better at that. Your kids are adorable.

Bonna Keckley said...

I love the hiney sucker! haha

Staceroo said...

So what kind of sucker is a hiney sucker, exactly? Dum-dum? tootsie pop? Seriously, I was trying to imagine it in my head (I know I'm weird) and I couldn't figure out which kind of sucker it was. Hilarious. Why is it that kids are always so obsessed with bums?