Sunday, August 3, 2008

Canoe Time





We did go canoeing at a local lake near the camp. Shannon took me and Mallory as passengers on her canoe because she knew she'd have to do all the rowing, and she has the most muscle and experience to get the job done. My dad and sister, Jess, took Bethany on their canoe. She had a paddle, too, which she dropped in the water almost immediately. But, we fished it out for her. She mostly just enjoyed the ride. Mallory was a challenge for me, though, because she wanted to put her hands in the water and try to climb into my dad's canoe. She acted like she could just walk across the water to get to them a few times. So, after a while, we passed her to Grandma who was out of the water. We had fun, and what a good workout!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

the middle pic looks like they're about to tip!! I'm glad they didn't.

Bonna Keckley said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!