Friday, October 16, 2009

My sweet girl....

So, today.....well, yesterday because it's now almost 1 am, and I'm not sleeping......I finally got the haircut I've been saying I need for months and months. 9 inches, people! Ok, some people probably think - haircut, big deal. Well, I've always had long hair....I might cut it here or there, but still it's always longish. I guess because I go through such a shock adjusting to a haircut, I expect the people I know to notice right away and comment. But, not one single person noticed today, and I saw all of Brad's family, some friends, and even my husband got home tonight and DID NOT notice or say a word!!! Now, back to the "not one single person".....EXCEPT Mallory. She say my ponytail sitting in the car when I picked her up from preschool, and said, "what happened, Mommy?!" with concern. I told her I got a haircut. She was super excited about it. She must have said three times throughout the day, "Mommy, your hairtut is awesome!" Oh, how I love that cutie! And, Bethany would have noticed right away, I'm sure except that I had a raincoat on and she heard me tell my mom on the phone before she actually saw my hair. I have faith in her observation skills. I'm a little disappointed in everybody else, though. I'll get over it. Well, Brad may have to suffer a bit first. ;)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Where is the picture? I can't wait to see it. Yea, 9 inches is a lot to not notice. I bet it looks so good!

Bonna Keckley said...

yea, we want to see a pic!

sarahandmatt said...

pictures! It's so mean to tease us with 9 inches cut off and no evidence! I would've noticed for sure. P.S. I got my hair cut and highlighted (red and brown) and no one said a word at church. I is such an obvious change that I can only assume people really didn't like it. Oh well...

Payne said...

looks like everyone else had the same thoughts as me..."no picture?" You're beautiful, can't wait for your photo! And way to go on your presentation! (above post).

erin sheely said...

That's hilarious!