Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our baking project for this week...




Yesterday was the first time since last Thursday that I felt like doing much of anything, so Brad helped me clean house and then I decided to get some of my baking projects marked off my list when he went to work. Bethany and I rolled out sugar cookie dough and cut out Halloween shapes, decorated them and baked them. Mallory even helped a little. (I'm putting a short video clip of her in this post, so you can hear her little voice. I'll try not to start going overboard with the videos. Sorry.) It is so fun to do this with my daughters! Bethany decided to come up with a pattern for each cookie sheet which is a total kindergarten thing. After the kids went to bed, I decorated the cooled cookies with orange icing around the edges. They are yummy!

(Oh, and after the cookies I went ahead and did my triple batch of banana bread. I was tired by the end of the evening, for sure, but it's done! Yeah!)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't think you could ever over due it on the videos. I love to hear you and your kids voices b/c it makes me feel closer to you. Looks like a fun baking project. Would you come out here and do some baking projects with my kids??!!

Bonna Keckley said...

There is no such thing as too many videos. Keep them coming!

Amber said...

That is so cute! I love doing sugar cookies with Brooklynn. I'm always amazed at the amount of icing a 3 year old can fit onto one cookie...and then in their tummies!!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I always appreciate your comments and glad that we've been able to stay in touch and that I can get to know you better through your blog. You are such an amazing person! Thanks!

Staceroo said...

Man, I really wished I lived close enough to benefit from those cookies and banana bread. I was drooling onto my computer!