Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quote for the Day

Brad called me today after he'd taken the girls to school to share a story about Mallory. He said that he had her stand on the sidewalk while he walked Bethany around to get in the car. When he came back for her, he picked her up and she started patting his back and said, "I love you Daddy." Then she shocked him with this: "Daddy, those birds are freaking me out." He was so startled, so he asked, "What?" She said, " You know, don't you see them? Those birds are freaking me out." (the black birds hang around for winter) He and I shared a good laugh when he told me about it. Neither of us had ever heard her use that phrase before, but, yeah....she probably learned it from me, as did Bethany. Oh, well...it's not a bad word in my book. (Although the women who play for the Pembroke ward basketball team would beg to differ....when I used it during a basketball game several years ago, the whole bench started screaming at me for using foul language. Me?! In a church game?! Puhlease. I turned to them and said, "freaking is not a bad word." So there. ;)

4 comments:

Deana said...

I remember that. You were freaked out by their stupidity! Good times Good times! I would love to play some church ball how about you?

Melissa said...

That is hilarious...both stories! I could totally hear you telling the basketball story in my mind. That is so funny that they thought it was a bad word.

Boyz Zone said...

I love both stories and yes I could see you saying that to those women too. It brought back good memories of softball team in Motown! Miss ya!

Desna

sarahandmatt said...

I'm with you, friend. Freaking is NOT a bad word. I try not to say it too much, though. :)