Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finally....

The fever has broken!! I know, you don't know what I'm talking about. Mallory and I have been stuck at home since Sunday. ( well, I went to church while Brad stayed at home with her.) She hadn't left the house since Saturday because she suddenly came down with double ear infections. Luckily, we played our pediatricians' team in basketball that day and they took us to their office to check her out. She was crying pretty much non-stop. Anyway, since that day she has had a fever and terrible nights and lethargic days and it has been awful to witness as a mommy. One of her ear drums was on the verge of rupturing...it may have, I don't know. She has been in terrible pain. This was a first for us -- Bethany had them a lot as a 1-2 yr old but they were never this bad.
I was reminded this week of how fortunate I am to have healthy children. As hard as it was for me to see Mallory in pain, I have nothing greater to compare it to, and for that I'm grateful. Friends of ours have lost children, suffered through their children's cancer, and had unimaginable trials involving their children. How blessed we've been....
So, no fever today!! Yay! We went to WalMart for groceries and to the park after school pickup and then on a walk this evening after dinner. Wonderful weather, healthy children, and exercise...it can't get much better than that.

2 comments:

Boyz Zone said...

Glad that she is feeling better!

Amber said...

I'm so glad that she's feeling better too! By the way, congrats on your team's big win today!