Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today is a good day!

The sun has been shining for the last 6 days, and I'm loving it! There is just something about sunshine (vitamin D, maybe?) that boosts my energy, lifts my mood, and makes my days more productive. Mallory and I were able to walk around a downtown city block without snow boots today. The sidewalks now have enough room for people to walk on dry cement, although there are still mountains of snow piled up along the edges of every street, parking lot, etc. I'm going to soak up as much of this as I can until the rain starts tomorrow. :(
Another great thing about today -- I was able to eat out for lunch and have this very yummy white chili, (only 1 pt. WW) and half of the turkey sandwich, on whole grain bread w/ lettuce and mayo, with cranberry mayo spread (very lightly applied) and NOT feel guilty about eating out. Yay! I've been trying to watch what I'm taking in and have started using the Wii fitness programs regularly. I feel good, though I don't intend to weigh myself for at least another week or so.
To quote one of my kids' books, (CareBears), "Happy Sunshiny Day!".

2 comments:

Staceroo said...

MMMmmm! That chili and turkey sandwich sounded really scrumptious. I wish I could have been there to go to lunch with ya. I have been dreaming about food a lot lately and even though it's only 10:30 in the morning here, I think I am going to get lunch . . . or 2nd breakfast, as I'm sure I'll eat again around 1 pm. :)

Oh, and I just got the e-mail that you were posting a comment on my blog while I'm posting on yours! I guess we can still be somewhat connected . . . over the miles . . . through the wires of cyberspace. Miss ya.

sarahandmatt said...

I know what you mean! I love this sunshine! It makes such a difference. Now, if I could just get on a diet... Hey, are you guys coming to Masontown this weekend? We'll be there!