Saturday, January 17, 2009

Darnit!

I'm kicking myself for forgetting my camera when the girls and I, and their grandpa, went sled riding the other day, so I'm going to attempt to describe the event. The temperatures were in the teens, but we were surprisingly okay with it. Hats, scarves, puffy coats, gloves, snow bibs, and snow boots....you name it, we were wearing it. So, just picture this......Bethany going down the hill "all by herself" and screaming, "Wahoo!!!" with her arms up in the air as she reached the end of her ride. You see, she had outdone the distance of all the other kids who had sledded that hill earlier in the day...as evidenced by the sled tracks. And, Mallory......oh, it was too cute. She wanted to ride with me just about every time, and because the hill was somewhat steep I would pull the sled back up the hill with one hand, and with my other hand - help her climb the hill. Well, after she had been helped a few times, her little independent self wanted no more assistance. Picture this...little girl with striped hat - with a pompom on top and matching mittens, big puffy and pink-flowered coat, blue Buzz Lightyear boots ( which she insisted on even though she has cute little matching pink boots ), and snow pants that puffed out so far they added a foot to her width - which were only about 6 inches of her height when you add in the long coat and tall boots. She would kind of crouch forward and spread her legs out a little, then take a few steps up the hill, then stop and balance herself, then continue her mountain climb. It was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I don't know if that that description made it even remotely imaginable, but I tried.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Totally imaginable!! So cute, I love the buzz lightyear boots!! Isn't that so typical of kids?? You have the cutest matching things but, no they want the lame, tacky outfit that doesn't go!! It's a crack up.

Tricia said...

How FUN! It sounds like it took a ton of energy for Mallory to make her way in the snow get-up. That would have been fun to see.

Deana said...

Guess what! We might get some snow tonight and tommorrow! Maybe 1 to 3 inches WoW. We will take what we can get.I know the girls really enjoy all of that snow. My girls would go nuts!

Natalie said...

I loved your description, sometimes words are better than pictures.