Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recent lunch trends....


For the last few weeks ,at least, my girls have been munching on very healthy - yet simple- lunches. It's actually amazing to me that this is what they want, but yeah! for them. I think they are definitely eating healthier than I am. Sometimes we substitute the PB sandwiches for saltine crackers with PB. (no jelly for these kids!) Today was a special occasion because I let them "picnic" on a blanket in Bethany's room while they watched Toy Story 2. Usually Mallory has a pile of grape tomatoes on her plate but I ran out. Those are apple chips, which I discovered that I love --but the girls -- not so much!



I almost took a picture of their dinner, to show the contrast, but decided not to. ....no need for evidence of their not-so-healthy dinner of chicken fries from BK. (with f.fries, apple fries, and chocolate milk)

Oh, and yes....this means Bethany had ANOTHER snowday!! UGH! I like being with the girls, and I love how they play together and occupy each other.....but, I'm concerned about how much school the kids are missing out on. What a winter!

4 comments:

Bonna Keckley said...

The nutritionist in me is so proud!

Rachelle said...

How fun! And strips of bell peppers?! Wow, your girls are super healthy eaters!

Melissa said...

Wow! What a good mom you are. (Not that i am surprised.) I think I could get my girls to eat strips of bell peppers...but only if they could dunk it in ranch dressing.

Twinmomwv said...

Of course I don't mind! I love it when new people stop by and read what I have to say. I like it even more when they follow me (hint, hint);). I love your blog and am adding it to my blogroll. Your girls are adorable!