Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm actually proud of me.

So, you know it's gotten pretty pathetic when you are proud of yourself for accomplishing a short to-do list for two days in a row. But, I did it. It's been so long since I've felt very productive as a "homemaker", but hooray for me! I even cooked dinner last night - oh, yeah. I know, you're thinking "what? she doesn't normally cook dinner for her family?!" I must confess that I've been very bad about that the past couple of years. I'm working on it. And, I've even stuck to my daily cleaning schedule and still had time to play with my snowed-in kids, read, watch a little TV to relax, and went to bed before midnight (well, I'm a little late tonight). Dishes are not piled high due to my lack of a dishwasher (ugh!)...., and my house and laundry are clean. Yes!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

"So proud of you, so proud of you, I hope that you are proud of you too." That is a song that we sing in our house (I think Sherrie used to sing it to her kids). Maybe I should call you so that you could hear it as a song. :) That always feels so good. I wish I could get one thing crossed off my to do list today! AHH!! I am going in slow motion today.

Deana said...

I am glad you feel that feeling of accomplishment. I am proud of you! A homecooked meal is hard to beat.

Shannon said...

I know you too well. I read that and said, "What!?! She made dinner? Is this my sister or an imposter?!" :) Love you.

Staceroo said...

I'm proud of you too! I can't believe Bethany asked for a yoga mat for her birthday - hilarious! And I'm so glad Mallory is okay - that is a huge fear of mine, having my child choking.