Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Does this cheer sound familiar?

Okay, I debated about sharing these pics, but there is a funny story behind it. (and I edited for modesty's sake.) Mallory picked out a basketball potty seat, pull-ups, and a stool for potty training time because she wouldn't use the potty seats I already have. For the first couple of days she wanted to sit on the potty all-day-long!! Nothing would happen of course, but she was excited. (That has passed, by the way. Potty training is at a stand still. Ugh.) So, anyway, Mallory says she needs to potty, and I sit there with her to monitor her progress -- she likes to tear off toilet paper when I'm not watching and waste it -- I'm encouraging her and Bethany joins in...."Push it out! Push it out! Waaaaay Out!" She starts making this face and straining her little neck, holding onto her potty seat handles, and I just had to grab my camera. I was trying to make sure I took shots of only her face, but that was difficult. So, I hope these aren't offensive pictures.....I just found them hilarious. (Oh, and this was the only time so far that she actually succeeded in NEEDING any toilet paper, so I think the cheer worked. heehee :)




( I hope this isn't too tasteless. I was hoping to spread some laughter. :) Check out all the new posts below....does anyone know why I can only post 5 pics per post? I could have condensed all my Easter photos into one post, but I had too many pics to share. )

9 comments:

Staceroo said...

There isn't much that's funnier than potty training (if you can see the humor in it. If not then you'll be pulling your hair out.) I don't know if I'm the best person to judge whether that was tasteful or not, but I thought it was hilarious. (As you well know, my own blog has plenty of "potty humor" provided by my own children.)
Blogger will only let you upload five pictures . . . at a time. Once you get your first five pictures uploaded then you can click on the "add pictures" button again and add five more pictures, and on and on.

Deon said...

I hate potty training. Any humor you can find in it is needed. :) We have done that cheer many times! I think the pictures are too cute! Happy Easter!

Deana said...

That is the funniest face I have ever seen. She cracked me up! Kimberly took forever but finaly got it. Some days we still have accidents. She will get it over time.

heather said...

So funny... she's the cutest!!!! When are you coming to see my new place?

Melissa said...

Those pictures are GREAT!!! I don't think that there is any kind of potty humor that would be tasteless to a mom. We've all seen some pretty ugly things, but just like everyone else said, you have to find humor in it or you'd go crazy.

Bonna Keckley said...

She is going to hate that you took these pictures when she gets older. On the bright side--there will be nothing she won't do to keep them hidden. haha. what a cutie!

Amber said...

That is really intense!! What a crack up!! Hooray for needing toilet paper!

Shannon said...

I agree with Bonna...she is going to be so embarrassed!

Tricia said...

What a hoot! How fun for big sis to be such a great cheerleader.