Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thoughts and feelings for today........

I'm feeling........

  • happy to be so blessed! I have beautiful, (mostly) sweet children, and they are healthy! I can be thankful for that each and every day.
  • excited to be using my new computer! It's so advanced and spiffy compared to our old laptop. I can't stop using it!
  • a little buzzed from too much Diet Coke. ;-)
  • so amazingly touched by the Atonement in my life! No matter how bitter and painful life can be for a time, it can be made so joyful again because of Jesus Christ. He knows me, He loves me, and His love for those around me is so comforting when I'm not enough for them.
  • content to be here, now.
  • somewhat appreciated - by people outside of my family. I was asked to serve on the School Improvement Council earlier in the year, and then yesterday the Title I staff requested that I be on their Parent Advisory Council. I don't even know people around her very well, so it's surprising. I guess they think I have something to offer, and I hope I can make a difference in some small way in education even though I'm not teaching anymore.

I'm thinking.....

  • about starting a Square Foot Garden. Thanks, Natalie, for suggesting it. Check out this website if you're interested : www.sqarefootgardening.com
  • about my little Mallory, who fell pretty hard on the sidewalk last night and has badly scraped up knees. It hurts when she tries to sleep on them. Imagine -2 yr old falls and gets her worst "ouchies" yet, 6 yr old sees the blood and starts to pass out on the sidewalk next to me.....thank goodness Brad was with me on this walk because we were each carrying a child back to the house from the park. So sad....I just want to make it all better.
  • how much I love to visit your blogs, everybody. You each inspire, entertain, and fulfill me in your unique ways.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Bethany is not only your mini-me in looks, but in blood intolerance. Poor thing. :)

heather said...

YOu didn't tell me about Mal. I love you, Sis. I really want you to come see me very soon.

Rachelle said...

You have lots to offer! Sometimes we don't see it in ourselves, but we do! You are a great example!

Deana said...

You have inspired me throughout our friendship. You always have wonderful thoughts and words to help others. I am glad that you feel content. That is a wonderful feeling, Mandy. Love and miss you!

Tricia said...

Mandy, You amaze me. I am uplifted by your gratitude and thoughfulness. I'm so glad you have been able to be a part of the school committees that allow you to utilize your training and intellect. Yeah!! Hope you all recover from your adventurous walk soon! :)