Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today...

Today, I'm feeling the effects of being a little older and a little less in-shape than I would like to be. Why? Because I finally tackled a painting project, our guest bathroom, yesterday, and my body aches....thank you for Motrin. Ok, our downstairs bathrooms were painted two different shades of peach/orange -- very unappealing for 2009, probably lovely for about 1985? (I wish I'd taken a before picture, but I'll post one later of the other bathroom.) So, I had to prime it with a primer-sealer-protector stuff, which by the way does not wash off your skin very easily -- I'll know that next time. It dried throughout the afternoon, and when I put the girls to bed I went back and painted the trim. Have any of you ever painted a closet door that has all of those little slanted slats in it? That took most of my time, but by 11:00 last night I had the trim done and had washed out my rollers and brushes and pans, etc., sat down and watched the American Idol shows for this week. (What a season, right?! So much talent!) Today, I'm working up the courage to now paint the walls with my new can of Dusky Taupe, but I think I'll wait until the girls are sleeping again. (I'm a neutral, earthy-tones kind of girl. Then, I can change anything in the room and keep the paint, right?)
I'm even working up the courage to go buy this flooring I saw at Big Lots to use in my bathrooms and kitchen, so I'm measuring and trying to decide if I can do it myself....I'll probably have to recruit Brad's help for that, though.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good for you!!! I wish I knew how to paint. I really need someone like you to teach me. I can't wait to see your pics. Although, why would you ever want to paint over peach/orange? :)

Amber said...

I, too, am impressed by your "pro-activeness". Sometimes I'll think about painting things without Vaughn's help and then I chicken out. I'm inspired. Be sure to post pictures of all your hard work.

Seriously, about the whole getting older thing!!! I swear in the past few weeks I've been feeling that way. It really stinks!

erin sheely said...

You go girl! That's awesome. Being done with a paint job feels soooo good.